Be part of an INCLUSIVE
, growing company! Our client understands the talent and value the disability community brings to an organization. Join a Retirement Homes team where residents and employees flourish and become extensions of family that recognizes the dignity and worth of each individual.
Ideal candidate should have a minimum five years experience preparing food scratch and a understanding of various cooking methods. This is a full time 40.0 per week schedule from 11a until 7:30p. Employee Benefits including paid holidays and paid time off included at three months employment.
Cook meals for Independent Living Residents & Healthcare Residents on alternating days. Some of the responsibilities involved in Healthcare cooking will consist of preparing Puree meals, Mechanical Soft meals & alternative meals for dislikes & Assisted Living Residents. The cook will also be involved in food preparation, changing deep fryers, etc. Must have prior experience as a cook or in food preparation. Will have to review recipes and other production information to complete preparation of assigned menu items.
- Prepare all soups, stocks, sauces; boils, braises and roast items per standardized recipes
- Prepares and serves all sauteed, fried, grilled, steamed and baked items per standardized recipes
- Prepares or directs the preparation of all food served, following standard recipes and special diet orders
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours, so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food is preserved
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required for daily menus and seeing that supplies are obtained from storage areas in adequate time for meal production
- Also must maintain dependability and punctuality as outlined in Attendance Policy
- Covid-19 Vaccination Required
- Ability to understand and following instructions in English, communicate effectively, and perform simple arithmetic
- Ability to understand measurements and conversions
- A minimum of three years of experience as a cook in a hotel, restaurant, club or similar institution
- Ability to plan and organize work, to interpret instructions, recipes, specifications and standards
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment